ABOUT THE PETER WESTBLADE SCHOLARSHIP
The Peter Westblade Scholarship exists to promote the practical skills associated with the sheep and wool industry and aims to deliver hands on experience and networking opportunities to young people aspiring for a career in this dynamic industry.
The Peter Westblade Scholarship aims to:
- Provide practical education and mentoring for young participants in the sheep and wool industry.
- Encourage young people into the sheep and wool industry demonstrating and showing opportunities and career pathways.
- Promote, demonstrate and adopt new technologies within the sheep and wool industry.
The Peter Westblade Scholarship will provide:
- Mentoring from industry innovators and leaders
- Involvement in sheep and wool industries largest commercial genetic trial
- Practical training appropriate to the skill set required in the sheep and wool industry
- Provide an opportunity to develop wider networks of key contact in the sheep and wool industry
- Travel opportunities
- Resource books
- Promotion, utilisation and adoption of new technologies
APPLYING FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
APPLICATIONS FOR 2018 ARE NOW CLOSED
Who can apply?
- Any individual, aged between 18 and 30 years or under on MONDAY JANUARY 15, 2018, who is living and working in the Australian sheep industry.
- Applicants must be a resident of Australia.
- Applicants must read, understand and agree to the terms & conditions associated with entering this scholarship.
- The terms and conditions are outlined on the application form.
What do I need to consider when applying?
The Peter Westblade Scholarship aims to identifying, train and develop of the next generation of leaders amongst young men and women in the Australian sheep industry.
The scholarship is looking for young people who meet the following criteria.
□ Aged 18 to 30
□ Have a passion for the sheep and wool industry
□ Is someone who is self-motivated
□ Is someone who wants to make a difference (no matter how small)
□ Is someone who sees a future in the sheep and wool industry
What is the application process?
The Peter Westblade Scholarship application process is an important first step of the scholarship. It is important that you demonstrate initiative and commitment to a career in the sheep industry. The application process is designed to give the interview panel an appreciation of who you are and what you aspire to do.
There are 2 ways to apply:
-In writing by answering the application form questions
– Or with a short video explaining a bit about yourself and your career goals.
ABOUT THE PROCESS
Where do I send my completed form?
All application forms/videos can be emailed to:
or posted to:
Peter Westblade Scholarship,
PO BOX 2
BIGGA NSW 2583
What happens next?
All application forms received by the closing date of 5pm MONDAY JANAUARY 15, 2018, applications will be acknowledged by email and then assessed by the interview panel.
Who are the interview panel?
There is a panel of 4 conducting telephone interviews. The panel consists of 3 PWS committee members and the Executive Officer
Who decides the short-list?
Once all application forms have been received by the deadline date of 5pm MONDAY JANAUARY 15, 2018, the panel will assess each application. The interview process via phone will then start.
A short list of three will then notified directly.
How will the interviews work?
Interviews are conducted over the phone, via a teleconference system.
The judges will then select three successful applicants as the finalists for the 2018 scholarship.
Finalists will be notified directly and the recipient(s)of the 2018 Peter Westblade Scholarship will be announced at the PWS Auction Dinner on Thursday March 1st, 2018 in Wagga Wagga NSW.